Jun 5, 2008

Interior Decorating






We covered the floral cushions for the front dinette with a soft suede-like fabric. This is my temporary fix, so I just folded the fabric around and attached it to the cushions using upholstery screws. When I feel more patient I'll actually sew some covers...maybe this winter (or next since I'm really happy with how these turned out).


We replaced the rear table with 3/4" plywood - it gave a little too much flex alone for our taste, so Kevin added some cross beams underneath to make it more rigid (probably overkill, but it makes us happy!) I added a little bed skirt of sorts to keep the underneath storage hidden - using the same fabric as I did for covering the cushions and affixed it with a staple gun.


I also added my Dollar Tree removable wall stickers - what a great find! I also ordered some of the same fabric that Mom K. and her friend Marcelline used to make us our great personalized pillow cases - I plan to make some throw pillows and maybe get Mom K. to collaborate on a quilt or "quillow" :)